This page outlines how BrickLink purges old data:
- Address Change Records - 6 months from the address change date.
- Catalog Change Requests - Rejected entries are purged after 1 month from the rejection date. Weight, Dimensions and Part Color Code Change Requests are purged 1 month from approval date.
- Catalog Images - Newest images log is purged after 1 month.
- Coupons - Expired and Declined coupons are purged 1 week from expiration date or decline date. Redeemed coupons are purged when the order is purged.
- Discussion Forum Messages - 36 months from date posted except messages in open status which are retained indefinitely.
- Inventory Change Requests - Rejected entries are purged after 1 month from the rejection date.
- Items for Sale - If a seller has not logged into BrickLink for 365 days and has items for sale in their store, they will be notified by e-mail to login. If they do not login within 2 weeks from this notice then their items for sale will be deleted.
- My Messages - Messages regarding orders are purged when the order is purged. Other messages are purged 1 month from the date that the message was sent.
- Orders - Orders and order items are purged 6 months from the order date. Orders with a problem status will be purged 3 years from the order date.
- Order Item Removal Requests are purged when the order is purged.
- Problem Member Reports - 1 month from date submitted.
- Problem Item For Sale Reports - 1 month from date submitted.
- Shopping Cart - 7 days from date added to cart if not logged in
User profiles with unconfirmed e-mail address within 1 week of registration are deleted from the system. User profiles (and all information attached to that user profile) also can be purged if not logged in for 6 months and have done none of the following:
- Placed or received at least 1 order
- Changed your username or a profile was merged into your username
- Added at least 1 item to the catalog
- Added at least 1 image small or large to the catalog
- Added at least 1 inventory of an item to the catalog
- Added at least 1 relationship to the catalog
- Added at least 1 link to the links section
- Added at least 1 inventory change request to the catalog
- Added weight, dimensions or color code for at least 1 item in the catalog
- Are an inventories verifier and verified at least 1 inventory
- Sent any messages to other members through the contact form
- Posted a message in our discussion forum and it is still there
- Moved a discussion forum post and the message is still there
- Are currently or have been before banned from Chat
If you have done any of the above, your user profile including your personal information cannot be deleted from the system.